A confident smile is a happy smile. There is no doubt that happy and healthy oral health gives you the confidence to show off those pearly whites in public. Most agree that a vast improvement of appearance stems from having white teeth because it is the first thing that people tend to notice. Having stained or discoloured teeth can make you feel self-conscious and reduce your confidence, hiding your smile in the process.
Teeth whitening treatment is a popular form of cosmetic treatment and has been since it ever existed. No matter the state of your teeth, whether it has excess plaque and tartar, discolouration or dark enamel, teeth whitening treatment delivers the ideal solution for an attractive smile. There are many other forms of cosmetic treatment that can also transform your smile and confidence, such as dental veneers.
The Four Reasons
If you’re considering teeth whitening treatment, you’ll be itching to book your appointment when you’ve read the four reasons how white teeth transforms confidence.
- Long-Term Sustainability – Teeth Whitening works in your favour as it is designed to deliver long-term results. However, patients need to ensure their oral health habits are strong to reap the rewards of its cost and the treatment worth it. Regularly brush and floss daily and clear your mouth from harmful toxins and bacteria.
- A Lift In Self-Esteem – When you look good, you feel good. This is also the case for white teeth. You’ll experience a lift in self-esteem and think positive things about yourself.
- Quality Of Life – Confidence will change your life in a number of ways. It will make you feel good about yourself, stand out amongst the crowd, open up new opportunities that you thought weren’t possible and it conveys good oral health. You’ll begin to take pride in your appearance.
- You Look And Feel Younger – A confident smile through teeth whitening also makes you look and feel younger. Keeping oral health positive minimises the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles appearing on your face.
Tips To Keep The Confidence Growing
There is no doubt that confidence can transform the quality of your life. However, it doesn’t mean that one appointment means your teeth will stay white forever. The dentist will likely offer recommendations and tips to keep your teeth white at home and preserve your confidence for life. This will include:
- Regularly floss and brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss and rinse your mouth after a heavy meal to keep the bacteria away
- Avoid using teeth for opening any packaging or chewing as this can damage your teeth and appearance
- Regular check-ups with the dentist as they are best placed to determine the state of your oral health
Following these tips will ensure your teeth stay white for the long-term. It takes just one appointment at the dentist to transform your life. You can read here to learn why good hygiene is so important.
If you’re seeking a transformation to lift confidence in your smile, Kooringal Dental is ready and willing to transform the look and feel your teeth. Contact us now and schedule an appointment with us.