Before advanced dental technology existed, the ability to choose a cosmetic dentistry procedure was very rare. If you had a problem with your teeth, you would need dentures or bridges which have more negative consequences on your teeth instead of positive. Today, cosmetic dentistry is popular more than ever. It focuses on improving the appearance of your mouth and smile. They also come with major benefits not just to your oral health, but to overall mental and physical well-being.
When you smile, you’re more confident and happier. This is exactly what cosmetic dentistry treatment is designed to do. Notably, your dentist is expected to decide which is the best cosmetic dentistry treatment best suited to your teeth depending on the results of your examination. However, they are all designed with one thing in mind, to improve that beaming smile.
We have picked out five key cosmetic dentistry procedures designed to help.
The Five Cosmetic Procedures
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening is the basic yet most effective cosmetic treatment choice. You can also get this treatment within a check-up and clean appointment. Any plaque or tartar is removed from your teeth before being polished or bleached to restore your teeth to natural whiteness. If you regularly drink sugary or dark liquids and chewy foods that have caused discoloration, prepare for the shade of your teeth to become lighter and brighter within hours.
- Dental Veneers – Dental Veneers are beneficial especially if you have discoloration on your teeth. They are typically known as the second option should you not go ahead with teeth whitening treatment. Developed with a thin-shell of porcelain material, it is shaded to match the color of your teeth and then fitted directly in front of your tooth. You can either input permanent veneers which are designed to function like your natural teeth, or temporary veneers, which are ready-made that cannot be shaped to match your teeth and can cause more complications. If you want dental veneers to go for permanent one’s straightaway.
- Composite Bonding – Composite bonding is a cost-effective option that covers any discoloration, crooked, damaged or decayed teeth. The composite material resembles your tooth enamel and is applied (bonded) to the surface of the tooth, displaying a healthier look. Any decay forming is drilled out first to clear the surface before applying the material
- Dental Implants – Dental Implant is the most popular yet expensive treatment option that delivers outstanding results. They are used to replace tooth loss. A titanium screw is infused into your jawbone, serving as support for a dental crown. They are also shaded to link with your natural teeth. Once fitted and settled, you don’t need to worry about restricting your diet or stopping your favorite foods because they work just like your natural teeth.
- Root Canal – Root Canal is a popular form of treatment as long the natural tooth is saved. If a tooth is decayed or damaged, this treatment eliminates bacteria to save as much of the natural tooth as possible. Overall, the process consists of carefully cleaning, filling and sealing the tooth with a crown.
Read here to find out the benefits you can reap from cosmetic dentistry treatment!
The Final Word
If you’re after a transformation of your oral appearance, cosmetic dentistry is the right and most effective choice. The chosen cosmetic procedure will be determined by your dentist depending on the examination of your teeth. Your pearly-whites will shine for years to come.
If you’re looking for a change in your oral appearance, contact Kooringal Dental here today and check yourself in!